Monday, October 24, 2011

No Technology = Disaster?

“You can look back and see how sloppy your handwriting was in first grade. You can’t do that with computers ’cause all the letters are the same." This quote from the article really got me thinking. Is having no technology at all really that bad? The more students get engages in technology, the more the technology does the thinking for them. With the use of technology students have the ability to access answers from the web with the click of a button. Students no longer use their minds and they are depended on that one piece of technology. I believe that technology could be used in positive ways, but the negatives out weigh the positives. As a student using an ipad everyday in school, i get frustrated really easily with the use of out ipads and how sometimes my e-mails don't get sent, or how my notes do not get saved. I would love to go to a school in which everything is hands-on because thats the type of learning i learn the best from. I kind of agree with both sides, but to a minimum. 


Read article here

No comments:

Post a Comment